Contact Information and Office Hours
|Contact Information||Office Hours|
Eureka Hall 406
Areas Research/Scholarly Activity
- Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Aquaponics Curriculum
- Teacher efficacy and development
- Science education and policy
- Urban Education
- Foundations in Education
- Anthropology of Education
- PACT Assessment lab
- Critical Thinking
- Schools and Community
- Fundamentals of Teaching
2010 Ph.D., Education: Educational Psychology, University of California, Davis Title of Dissertation: Performance Assessment for California Teachers (PACT): An Evaluation of Inter-rater Reliability
2003 M.A., Education: Curriculum and Instruction, California State University, Sacramento Title of Thesis: The Effects of Collaborative Teacher Supervisory Style on Student Teacher Efficacy
2000 CA Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, California State University, Sacramento Additional Authorizations: Science, English, and History/Social Studies CA Single Subject Teaching Credential: General Science
1999 B.A., Liberal Studies, California State University, Chico
- Porter, J. (2015). All Standards, All Students? The Misalignment of NGSS with California’s Science Course Graduation Policy. Journal of Transformative Leadership and Policy Studies, 5(1), 61-69.
- Porter, J. M. & Jelinek, D. (2011). Evaluating Inter-rater Reliability of a National Assessment Model for Teacher Performance, International Journal of Educational Policies, 5(2), 74-87.
- Performance Assessment for California Teachers (PACT): An Evaluation of Inter-rater Reliability, by Porter, Jennifer M., Ph.D., UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS, 2010, 157 pages; 3422738.
- Jelinek, D. and Porter, J. (2009). Bridging the Disconnect: The promise of lesson study. In Wong, P. and Glass, R. (Eds.) (2009). Prioritizing urban children, teachers, and schools through professional development schools. Albany, NY: Suny Press.
View Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Last updated: 27 January 2016
Update Your Profile Link