Performance Assessment for California Teachers (PACT)
Department of Teacher Education
College of Education
Eureka Hall Room 207
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6079
Phone: (916) 278-2139
Learn More About the College's Evaluation System
The Evaluation of Candidates brochure describes sthe general philosophy and methods of the College's candidate evaluation system.
The PACT Candidate Handbook
The Candidate Handbook for PACT contains detailed information for candidates planning for the PACT evaluation.
Candidates in our teacher preparation program will complete a summative assessment, the Performance Assessment for California Teachers (PACT). Detailed information about PACT is provided to candidates throughout their program in both coursework and student teaching.
PACT Website: PACT (Performance Assessment for California Teachers) is a consortium of teacher preparation programs at 30 California Universities and 1 internship program. These institutions have joined together to develop a teacher performance assessment. Successful completion of the teaching performance assessment will be required to earn a California Preliminary Multiple Subject or Single Subject Teaching Credential.
PACT - Information and Resources
Candidates, both multiple subject and single subject, will submit their Teaching Event on TaskStream no later than 11:59 PM on the Monday following the 10th week of instruction during the last semester of student teaching. No late submission are allowed.
PACT - Literacy Materials
- Elementary Literacy Rubrics [PDF - 1.4 MB]
- Literacy Teaching Event Example 1 [PDF - 13.4 MB]
- Literacy Teaching Event Example 2 [PDF - 15.8 MB]
- EDS 332 PACT Syllabus [PDF - 208 KB]
- Video Permission Form, English [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- Video Permission Form, Spanish [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- Video Permission Form, Hmong [PDF - 889 KB]
- Elementary Literacy Teaching Event Handbook [doc] (2011-2012) will guide you in putting together the instructional materials, video selection, student work samples, and commentaries required in the Teaching Event.
- PACT Elementary Literacy Rubric [docx]
- Sato & Curis, Making Good Choices [doc]
- Sacramento State University, College of Education, PACT Handbook [PDF]
- Division of Teacher Credentialing (Applications, Forms and Documents - Special Education)
- Special Education Student Teaching/Internship Procedural Handbook [PDF - 996 KB]
- PACT (Performance Assessment for California Teachers) Home page
- California Curricula Frameworks
- California Curricula Content Standards: (APA Style Examples) All of your writing needs to follow the APA format (6th ed).