The American Association of University Women Sacramento Scholarship
The applications are due in February 2017. More details coming soon.
About the Scholarship
AAUW Sacramento was organized in 1920 and has over 250 members working towards the same goal of Breaking through Barriers for Women and Girls.
Members enjoy working toward a common goal while experiencing intellectual growth and creating a network of friends through branch programs and events. AAUW Sacramento offers the opportunity to get involved in many philanthropic programs:
- Local Scholarships that support women attending or returning to college
- Public Policy issues that have a direct impact on women and girls
- Outreach including College/University Partner Member Program, Speech Trek, Start Smart, and Tech Trek
American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a nationwide network of more than 150,000 members and donors, 1,000 branches, and 700 college/university institution partners. Since being founded in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. Our commitment to our mission is reflected in all aspects of our work.
In order to be considered for a AAUW Sacramento Scholarship you must:
- Be a woman age 25 or older
- Attend any of the following
- American River College
- Cosumnes River College
- Sacramento City College
- Folsom Lake College
- California State University, Sacramento
- Have completed at least 12 units of credit from an accredited college or university with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Be pursuing her first baccalaureate degree
- Have clearly defined educational and career goals
- Demonstrate evidence of financial need
- Be a Sacramento County resident
2017-2018 Academic year application Currently Unavailable