How To Apply
The application period for College of Education Scholarships starts Monday, January 25, 2016 and ends Friday, March 25, 2016.
For other grants or scholarships, refer to the details for that specific program.
- Review the scholarship list to familiarize yourself with the scholarships offered by the College.
- Select those scholarships that you are most interested in and be sure that you are eligible to receive them.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid Application online.
- Visit the online application tool to prepare and submit your application: Online Scholarship Application
- If necessary, prepare any supplemental materials required (only some scholarships require this).
- The College of Education will be notifying students in early June of scholarship opportunities they have been chosen to receive.
Tips For Successful Scholarship Applications
- Review the list of scholarships, apply only to those that you meet the criteria. The Academic Works program will also automatch you to those scholarships for which you are eligible.
- Make sure you follow instructions and include additional documents that each scholarship requires. Partial or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- While reusing essays is smart and efficient, make sure that you are still closely following instructions for each separate scholarship.
- Give full and descriptive answers to questions. While reviewers appreciate succinct responses, one word answers to questions do not market you well or make your application stand out. Emphasize personal strengths, qualities, interests, community involvement, extracurricular activities, and relevant past experiences in your responses and personal statement.
- If letters of recommendation are required, note that letters need to be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission and should be relevant to your educational endeavors.
- Spell check and proof read all submissions.
- All scholarship criteria must continue to be met at time of award to remain eligible for scholarship.
- Scholarship recipient must be enrolled at time of award.