California Retired Teachers Association, State Capital Division’s, Dolores L. Toto Memorial Graduate Scholarship
About the Sponsor
When Dr. Charles Toto’s beloved wife, Dolores, passed away in September of 1997, he felt there was no better way to honor her memory than to provide “seed” money for a graduate scholarship at Sacramento State. This award is presented each year to a graduate student in the College of Education. The State Capital Division of the California Retired Teachers Association (CRTA) continues to contribute to this scholarship and attempts to maintain contact with the recipients.
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA
- Limited to students accepted or enrolled in any College of Education credential program
- Financial need may be considered but not required
- Must be enrolled at least half the time at time of award
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).