Scholarship: Future Teacher Fellowships
- must be in good academic standing;
- limited to students accepted or enrolled in any College of Education credential program with a preference for students seeking credentials in math, science, special education, and bilingual education;
- may be enrolled full or part time;
- must be enrolled at time of award;
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).
About the Sponsor
$500 fellowships for students enrolled in the teacher preparation program who agree to teach in a California public school serving a large population of students from low-income families. Financial need is a requirement.