Scholarship: George and Helena Webb Teachers of Tomorrow Scholarship
- minimum 2.8 GPA;
- limited to students accepted or enrolled in any College of Education credential program;
- financial need may be considered but is not required;
- may be enrolled full or part time
- must be enrolled at time of award
- preference for students whose parents did not have the opportunity to attend college
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).
About the Sponsor
The George and Helena Webb Teachers of Tomorrow Scholarship was established as a result of a bequest to the university by George and Helena Webb to establish this scholarship. Mrs. Webb was 94 at the time of her death and wanted her estate to benefit education in the memory of her and her husband. We are grateful for the faith these two individuals have placed in the value of education.