The Judith R. (Waldeck) Wolfe Teacher Education Scholarship
About the Sponsor
Judith Wolfe graduated from Sacramento State in 1965 with a bachelor’s degree in education. After graduation, she taught at several Sacramento area schools, eventually spending the majority of her teaching career as a reading specialist in the San Juan Unified School District. Judith created this endowment to ensure that talented students are encouraged to pursue a career in education. The Judith R. (Waldeck) Wolfe Scholarship Endowment in Teacher Education is granted to outstanding students from the Sacramento region that are currently enrolled in the teacher credential program.
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA
- Limited to students accepted or enrolled in any College of Education credential program
- Financial need is not required
- Must be enrolled at least half the time at time of award
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).