Scholarship: Louis and Francis Carp Memorial Teacher Education Scholarship
- minimum 3.0 overall GPA;
- students from any class level and from any major offered with the College of Education are eligible;
- financial need may be considered but not required;
- no minimum enrollment requirement at time of award
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).
About the Sponsor
This scholarship was established in honor of Louis and Francis Carp and to support students who are enrolled in a teacher preparation program. Students must hold a bachelors degree at the time of application and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their education coursework.