Scholarship: Mildred A. Dawson Fund for Reading and Language Arts
- minimum 3.0 overall GPA;
- limited to students accepted or enrolled in the multiple subject credential program; financial need is not required; no minimum enrollment requirement at time of award;
- at least two letter of recommendation required from professors, cooperating teachers, and supervisors
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).
About the Sponsor
A $500 scholarship for students who have demonstrated outstanding scholarship in course work (overall GPA of 3.0 or better) and outstanding performance in the teaching of reading and language arts as indicated by letters of recommendation. A statement from the student on the importance of reading and language arts will also be required. Selection will be made by faculty in the College’s Language and Literacy Area Group.