Perrine-Churchill-Vind Education Scholarship
About the Sponsor
The Churchill Family decided to establish the Perrine-Churchill-Vind Education Scholarship at Sacramento State in 1997 from funds they would normally set aside for family gifts. Instead they have chosen to contribute toward something that perpetually honors the memories of cherished family members as well as give back to their local community. Genie Churchill was also influenced by Oprah Winfrey who encouraged viewers to do something for society because their actions, no matter how big or small, add up to something significant.
The Churchill family believes that nothing is more relevant than giving an education to those who dedicate their time and energy toward educating the most precious resource on this planet, our children. The Churchill Family hopes that whoever receives this scholarship funding will use their talents in the Sacramento area. They realize that just by becoming a teacher, this individual will be giving a lot of themselves to the world.
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA
- Limited to students accepted or enrolled in any College of Education credential program
- Financial need required
- Must be enrolled at least half time at time of award
- Demonstrated current and previous volunteer community service
- Must be a United States citizen and a resident of California
- Must be a supporter of the right to bear arms in the United States
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).