Scholarship: Phi Delta Kappa – Sacramento Chapter Scholarship in Teacher Education
- minimum 3.0 overall GPA;
- limited to students enrolled in any College of Education credential program;
- financial need not required;
- may be enrolled full or part time
- must be enrolled at time of award
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).
About the Sponsor
Phi Delta Kappa is a national association of professionals who work in the field of education. The Sacramento chapter has been an active partner with the College of Education almost from its very inception. The chapter counts amongst its members, past and present, many highly regarded faculty of the College of Education.
Because of this enduring partnership and its mission to serve those in education, the Sacramento Chapter of Phi Delta Kappa chose to establish this scholarship for a student enrolled in the teacher credential program who exemplifies the values of Phi Delta Kappa: learning, service, and leadership.
Learn more: www.phideltakappa.org