Scholarship: Dr. Robert F. Davis and Dr. Jean Nix Davis Scholarship
- minimum 3.5 GPA;
- limited to students accepted or enrolled in any College of Education credential program;
- financial need not required;
- must be enrolled full time at time of award
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).
About the Sponsor
This scholarship was established by Drs. Robert and Jean Nix Davis to support students in the College of Education’s Sacramento City Urban Teacher Education Center (UTEC) program. Applicants must have completed at least one semester of the UTEC program and have a minimum 3.5 GPA to be eligible for this scholarship. The selection of this award will be made by a committee of faculty and supervisors in the Center. Applications will be made available to qualified candidates in this Center.