Scholarship: Scott R. Porter Memorial Book Scholarship
- preference for students accepted or enrolled in the single subject credential program with a desire to teach US History;
- financial need required;
- preference for students 30 years old or older;
- no minimum enrollment requirement at time of award
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).
About the Sponsor
A book scholarship to be awarded to students in the Single Subject credential program. This scholarship was established by the Porter family to honor the memory of their son, Scott, a member of the Single Subject Credential program. Students 30 years or older whose academic subject is United States History may be given priority if all other needs are equal. Financial need is a requirement.