Scholarship: Tom and Melinda Martin Scholarship in Education
- minimum 3.0 GPA;
- limited to students accepted or enrolled in any College of Education credential program;
- financial need may be considered but is not required;
- must be enrolled at least half time at time of award
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).
About the Sponsor
Tom and Melina Martin are friends of the College of Education. They established this scholarship to help support students in our teacher preparation programs. Students must have completed at least one semester of the teacher preparation program and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Financial need is a requirement. The amount of this award varies from $300-$500.