Scholarship: Wheelmaker’s Endowed Education Scholarship
- minimum 3.0 GPA;
- limited to students accepted or enrolled in any Special Education credential or program;
- financial need may be considered but is not required;
- no minimum enrollment requirement at time of award
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing teaching b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives.
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).
About the Sponsor
The Wheelmaker’s Endowment in Education was established by an individual who graduated from Sacramento State in 1949, one of the very first graduating classes. The individual, who wishes to remain anonymous, taught for over 31 years in the San Juan Unified School District and established this scholarship with the desire to help students who choose to work with special needs children.