CSU-LSAMP’s overall goal for the project is to contribute to the development of a STEM workforce, which is broadly inclusive, globally competitive, and prepared to participate at the frontiers of science. Specifically, CSU-LSAMP aims to:
(1) enhance the academic and professional preparation of CSU-LSAMP participants, most of whom are students from underrepresented minorities (URM), for careers in STEM;
(2) further improve persistence and graduation rates for CSU-LSAMP participants;
(3) increase aggregate production of STEM degrees awarded by the CSU to URM students;
(4) increase the number of CSU-LSAMP students who advance to STEM graduate study; and
(5) document, disseminate, and replicate undergraduate intervention models that increase access to, and success in STEM baccalaureate degree programs and facilitate admissions to STEM graduate programs.