- About the Educator Recruitment Expo
- Why Recruit at Sacramento State?
- Registration Process and Fee Information
- Payment Information
- Employer Participants
- Advertisement Opportunities
- Contact Us
The 2014 Educator Recruitment Expo will be held on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 from 10 am-2 pm at the Sacramento State University Union Ballroom.
Event registration will begin on Monday, January 6, 2014.
The Educator Recruitment Expo facilitates a connection between educational agencies and individuals interested in pursuing employment in the field of education. This event is for school districts, education services and agencies recruiting for full-time, part-time, internship, or volunteer positions. Highly qualified credentialed and non-credentialed educators attend the event. Participants include education related majors from all class levels, alumni, and community members. The focus of the Educator Recruitment Expo is on graduating students seeking full-time professional positions. However, we educate students to begin their research early to prepare for the time they will graduate and begin their job searches. Therefore, you will see employee candidates, as well as those seeking information about your businesses and services.
Why Recruit at Sacramento State University?
Sacramento State prepares its diverse student body to be leaders in their field. The College of Education serves undergraduate students, credential candidates and graduate students who have a passion for education preparing them to be professionals in the fields of teaching, counseling, administration and other essential occupations in the field.
The Sacramento State Teaching Credentials Program has a rigorous curriculum that provides future teachers with extensive field experience and time spent student teaching in the classroom. Future teachers are supported by tenure track faculty that value teaching and work closely with school districts and teachers. Integrating theory and practice expert faculty conduct supervision and create coursework that incorporates clinical experience. Credential candidates are in cohorts; therefore, they develop a strong professional learning community and approach their work as teachers with dispositions that are student-centered, equity-oriented and focus on learning results for students. Graduates are highly qualified teachers and reputable among area principles and districts. The Teaching Credentials Program offers the following credentials:
- Education Specialist Credentials: Mild-Moderate and Moderate-Severe Disabilities Specialist Credential, Early Childhood Special Education Credential
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Single Subject Credential: art, English, foreign language (French, German, and Spanish), health science, home economics, mathematics, music, physical education, science (biology or life science), chemistry, geoscience, physics (or physical science), and social science
- Bilingual Authorization: Hmong and Spanish
Sacramento State also offers the following credentials to prepare graduates to enter the education field:
- Pupil Personnel Services: School Counseling, School Psychology and Social Work
- Preliminary Administrative Services
- Clear Reading Certificate
- Clear Reading & Language Arts Certificate
- Adapted Physical Education Certificate
- School Nurse Services
- Preliminary Speech Pathology Services
- Preliminary Speech Pathology Services with Special Day Class Authorization
Space is limited, so we strongly encourage you to complete the registration process as soon as possible. Once your registration has been approved, you will receive an e-mail confirmation notice and an invoice. As the event approaches, all company contacts will receive an e-mail with event details, to include a schedule for the day.
Cost of the Educator Recruitment Expo is per day. Prices do not include additional options.
|Education (all private and public schools)||$275|
*Nonprofit registration is reserved for community based agencies that are not necessarily educators such as YMCA or Boys and Girls Club of America. This is a targeted event for educators, therefore all private and public schools are deemed education and should register as such.
Registration fees shown are for two representatives, one six-foot table and two chairs, breakfast and lunch for two representatives, and up to two parking passes. The fee for additional representatives is $50.00 per person. Fees are subject to change without notice.
How to Register
CAREER CONNECTION is our online career services program used to post jobs, sign up for career fairs and on campus interviews, request to conduct information sessions or tabling, and all other recruitment efforts.
HOW TO REGISTER WITH CAREER CONNECTION:
Step 1: Go to Career Center website.
Step 2: Scroll over Employer
Step 3: Click Career Connection
Step 4: Click New User Registration
Step 5: Fill out the registration form
Step 6: Click Submit (Please give our staff 2 business days to approve your request)
Step 7: Check your e-mail for a confirmation letter with your username and password
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE EDUCATOR RECRUITMENT EXPO:
Step 1: Login to Career Connection
Step 2: Click Career Fairs and Events
Step 3: Click Register
Step 4: Fill out the registration form
Step 5: Click Submit
For assistance with Career Connection please contact the Career Center at (916) 278-6231.
Payment is due two (2) weeks before the date of the event. Payments are made through the registration process on Career Connection.
If, for any reason, you need to cancel your registration, please submit a cancellation notice to the Career Center in writing. No postmarks accepted. Refunds may be made up to 2 weeks prior to the event. Any cancellations made less than 14 days before the event will not be refunded and will be billed.
Please note that reservations are limited to employers with a direct employer/employee relationship. This policy excludes third party recruiters, independent contractor positions and testing organizations.
These organizations may not participate:
- Organizations hiring anonymously for independent contractor positions.
- Organizations that require candidates to pay a fee for training, equipment, application procedures or other job-related expenses or any monetary investment (this does not apply to federal or state licensing requirements).
- Staffing agencies* - unless these conditions are met:
- Third party recruiter fee is $750.00
- Confirmation of registration is dependent upon availability of space; therefore your organization will be placed on a waitlist until two weeks before the fair. Registration will be confirmed at this time if space permits.
- Staffing agencies must provide a job listing for each available position through the registration process on Career Connection. Additional information may be requested.
- We will provide information to students identifying your organization as a staffing agency.
- No fees or expenses are required from the student (e.g. no purchase of kit or merchandise is required, etc.)
Employers who recruit at Sacramento State must adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines, California State Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) Law, and the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Conduct.
Sign up for an advertisement in the State Hornet, our on-campus newspaper. Contact the Hornet office directly at 916-278-5587. You will be billed separately for any advertisements you purchase.
You may also become an official sponsor of the Educator Expo. Contact Beth Merritt Miller at 916-278-6231 for more information on the benefits of sponsorship.
For more information please contact:
Shannon Wells, Career Counselor and Experiential Learning Coordinator
Sacramento State Career Center