- About the Educator Recruitment Expo
- Why Recruit at Sacramento State?
- Registration Process and Fee Information
- Payment Information
- Employer Participants
- Advertisement Opportunities
- Contact Us
Save the Date!
2015 Educator Recruitment Expo is on Wednesday, April 22, 2015
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Sacramento State University Union Ballroom
Event registration will open in January. Please check this website periodically for updates.
The Educator Recruitment Expo facilitates a connection between educational agencies and individuals interested in pursuing employment in the field of education. This event is for school districts, education services and agencies recruiting for full-time, part-time, internship, or volunteer positions. Highly qualified credentialed and non-credentialed educators attend the event. Participants include education related majors from all class levels, alumni, and community members. The focus of the Educator Recruitment Expo is on graduating students seeking full-time professional positions. However, we educate students to begin their research early to prepare for the time they will graduate and begin their job searches. Therefore, you will see employee candidates, as well as those seeking information about your businesses and services.
Why Recruit at Sacramento State University?
Sacramento State prepares its diverse student body to be leaders in their field. The College of Education serves undergraduate students, credential candidates and graduate students who have a passion for education preparing them to be professionals in the fields of teaching, counseling, administration and other essential occupations in the field.
The Sacramento State Teaching Credentials Program has a rigorous curriculum that provides future teachers with extensive field experience and time spent student teaching in the classroom. Future teachers are supported by tenure track faculty that value teaching and work closely with school districts and teachers. Integrating theory and practice expert faculty conduct supervision and create coursework that incorporates clinical experience. Credential candidates are in cohorts; therefore, they develop a strong professional learning community and approach their work as teachers with dispositions that are student-centered, equity-oriented and focus on learning results for students. Graduates are highly qualified teachers and reputable among area principles and districts. The Teaching Credentials Program offers the following credentials:
- Education Specialist Credentials: Mild-Moderate and Moderate-Severe Disabilities Specialist Credential, Early Childhood Special Education Credential
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Single Subject Credential: art, English, foreign language (French, German, and Spanish), health science, home economics, mathematics, music, physical education, science (biology or life science), chemistry, geoscience, physics (or physical science), and social science
- Bilingual Authorization: Hmong and Spanish
Sacramento State also offers the following credentials to prepare graduates to enter the education field:
- Pupil Personnel Services: School Counseling, School Psychology and Social Work
- Preliminary Administrative Services
- Clear Reading Certificate
- Clear Reading & Language Arts Certificate
- Adapted Physical Education Certificate
- School Nurse Services
- Preliminary Speech Pathology Services
- Preliminary Speech Pathology Services with Special Day Class Authorization
Space is limited and we strongly encourage districts and organizations to complete the registration process as soon as possible. Please allow five business days to review registration requests for approval. Once registration is approved, registrants will receive an e-mail confirmation notice with an invoice and event details, to include a schedule for the day.
Cost of the Educator Recruitment Expo is per day. Prices do not include additional options.
|Education (all private and public schools)||$275|
*Nonprofit registration is reserved for community based agencies that are not necessarily educators such as YMCA or Boys and Girls Club of America. This is a targeted event for educators, therefore all private and public schools are deemed education and should register as such.
Registration fees shown are for two representatives, one six-foot table and two chairs, breakfast and lunch for two representatives, and up to two parking passes. The fee for additional representatives is $50.00 per person. Fees are subject to change without notice.
How to Register
Registration for the Educator Recruitment Expo is completed through the Career Center's online career services program Career Connection. Career Connection is used to post jobs, sign up for career fairs and on campus interviews, request to conduct information sessions or tabling, and all other recruitment efforts. Employers must have a Career Connection account to register for the Educator Recruitment Expo. If an employer does not have an account and wishes to register for the Educator Recruitment Expo, the first step is to create a Career Connection account (see directions below). Once the account is approved, employers can proceed with registering for the Educator Recruitment Expo.
STEPS TO REGISTER FOR A CAREER CONNECTION ACCOUNT:
Step 1: Go to Career Center website.
Step 2: Scroll over Employer
Step 3: Click Career Connection
Step 4: Click New User Registration
Step 5: Fill out the registration form
Step 6: Click Submit (Please give our staff 2 business days to approve your request)
Step 7: Check your e-mail for a confirmation letter with your username and password
STEPS TO REGISTER FOR THE EDUCATOR RECRUITMENT EXPO:
Step 1: Login to Career Connection
Step 2: Click Career Fairs and Events
Step 3: Click Register
Step 4: Fill out the registration form
Step 5: Click Submit
Helpful tips for registration:
1. Make sure you have an individual Career Connection account for your district or organization.
2. Be prepared to provide information about: district or organization, position description, and contact information for all representatives attending event.
3. Indicate if your district or organization would like to conduct on-site interviews during the Educator Expo. If so, choose if you would like to conduct interviews in a designated area to ensure privacy, comfort and consistency or if you prefer to conduct interviews at booth in the general expo area.
4. Payment is due one week prior to event, April 16, 2014. We accept checks, Mastercard and Visa. Credit card payments are made during the registration process on Career Connection.
5. Upon registration approval, registrant will receive confirmation e-mail that includes document with event details including parking instructions and event schedule. Please forward this to all representatives attending event.
For assistance with the event registration process please contact Shannon Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 278-6235.
Payment is due one (1) week before the date of the event. Payments are made through the registration process on Career Connection.
If, for any reason, you need to cancel your registration, please submit a cancellation notice to the Career Center in writing. Refunds may be made up to 1 (one) week prior to the event. Any cancellations made less than 7 days before the event will not be refunded and will be billed.
Please note that reservations are limited to employers with a direct employer/employee relationship. This policy excludes third party recruiters, independent contractor positions and testing organizations.
These organizations may not participate:
- Organizations hiring anonymously for independent contractor positions.
- Organizations that require candidates to pay a fee for training, equipment, application procedures or other job-related expenses or any monetary investment (this does not apply to federal or state licensing requirements).
- Staffing agencies* - unless these conditions are met:
- Third party recruiter fee is $750.00
- Confirmation of registration is dependent upon availability of space; therefore your organization will be placed on a waitlist until two weeks before the fair. Registration will be confirmed at this time if space permits.
- Staffing agencies must provide a job listing for each available position through the registration process on Career Connection. Additional information may be requested.
- We will provide information to students identifying your organization as a staffing agency.
- No fees or expenses are required from the student (e.g. no purchase of kit or merchandise is required, etc.)
Employers who recruit at Sacramento State must adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines, California State Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) Law, and the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Conduct.
Sign up for an advertisement in the State Hornet, our on-campus newspaper. Contact the Hornet office directly at 916-278-5587. You will be billed separately for any advertisements you purchase.
You may also become an official sponsor of the Educator Expo. Contact Brigitte Clark at (916) 278-6233 for more information on the benefits of sponsorship.
For more information about the Educator Recruitment Expo please contact:
Shannon Wells, Career Counselor and Experiential Learning Coordinator
Sacramento State Academic Advising and Career Center