ECS Career Information
Co-op Registration Process
for Engineering and Computer Science Students
The number of units earned for a co-op depends on the number of total hours worked per semester. If you work full-time you can earn up to (12) undergraduate units and (9) graduate units. If you work part-time, you can earn between 2-6 units. International students must sign up for (12) units if undergraduate and (9) units if graduate.
Your co-op coordinator will work with your academic department to enroll students in the proper course, section and units.
Follow these steps after receiving your job offer:
Step 1: Offer Letter with Co-op 195A Start and Completion Date, Transcript and Resume
After accepting a position, e-mail, mail, or fax to your Co-op Coordinator:
- A copy of your offer letter (this is written by the employer and includes company name and address, position title, salary, hours, and a short position description)
- Your most recent transcript (official or unofficial accepted)
- Your resume
Step 2: Career Connection Requirements
If you do not already have a profile on Career Connection, you will need to create a profile:
- Go to the Career Center and click on “Student Options,” then “Career Connection.”
- Use your Saclink ID as the login and the word “sacramento” for the initial password.
- Next, go to your account page and click on the Experiential Learning tab
- Click “+Add New”
- Fill in the “Experiential Learning Information” section with all required information about your job and employer information.
- Fill out the “Information Sheet and Learning Objectives” section with all required information about your job and school information.
- Click the “Save” button.
Step 3: Fill out the following (2) documents and send to Co-op Coordinator
- Signed Declaration of Policies for Off-Campus Learning Experiences
- Signed Statement of Understanding
Drop the completed forms off at the Career Center, Lassen Hall 1013, Attention: Audrey Harris. OR you can scan the signed documents and email them to email@example.com.
When you have completed the above steps, please email Audrey Harris with a copy of your offer letter, most recent transcript, resume, signed declaration of policies for off-campus learning experiences, and signed statement of understanding.
Upon completion, submit evaluation for 195A grade.
Career Counselor & Experiential Learning Coordinator
Spring 2013 Drop-in Hours at Lassen Hall 1013
Wednesdays 10 am - 12 pm
Thursdays 12 - 1 pm
- Career Counseling
- Internship and Co-op opportunities
- Resume Help
- Practice for Interviews
- Upcoming career events
- Co-op Frequently Asked Questions