Job Search Strategies and Resources
Learn how to prepare for and organize your job search campaign, whether you are looking for a part-time job, volunteer position, internship, full-time career position, or other experiential learning opportunities. The Career Center assists students with all aspects of conducting your job search, including interviewing techniques, job search strategies, resume and cover letter writing, salary negotiation, professional dress, negotiating offers, and creating a targeted job search plan
- Job Search Resources
- Job Listing Sites
- Career Connection – Sacramento area employer job postings for students/alumni
- CA Jobs – Jobs in California
- CalCareer – Web portal for employment with the State of California
- UEI Jobs – University Enterprises, Inc. positions for students on and off campus
- FirstJob - Matches recent college graduates with quality entry-level and internship opportunities through their existing social networks.
- Indeed.com – A metasearch engine that scans the Internet to locate sites that list full-time, part-time, contract, and internship positions.
- Simplyhired.com – A metasearch engine that scans the Internet to locate sites that list full-time, part-time, contract, and internship positions.
- Sacramento Works – A non-profit organization that offers job search resources online, including a database of current positions available in the Sacramento area.
- Industry Specific Job Listing Sites
- Salary Information
- Internships – Information on what is an internship and where to begin looking for one in Sacramento
- Professional Attire Tips
- Interviewing Techniques
- Resume and Cover Letters
- Career Center Resume and Cover Letter Booklet – Booklet that has samples of chronological and combination resumes as well as cover letters.
- Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Disclosure & The Interview Process Disabilities – Learn when and how to disclose a disabilities.
- Sacramento Community Career and Employment Services
- The Sacramento Works One Stop Career Center System provides resources and services to employers and job seekers in Sacramento County, including job search related services and job postings
- Job Search Blogs, Twitter and other Social Networking Resources
- The Savvy Intern – A blog with various articles to assist college students in the internship and job search.
- Getting from College to Career – Lindsey Pollack provides advice to both young professionals and organizations on the changing world of work.
- Life After College – Jenny Blake shares tips and information to students’ transitioning into the work world.
- Twitter Accounts to follow: