Student Records include but are not limited to academic evaluations, transcripts, test scores and other academic records, general counseling and advising records, disciplinary records, and financial aid records.
|Telephone Hours||Monday - Friday||9 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Contact Information-Phone||(916) 278-7111|
|Location||Student Service Counter First Floor||First Floor, Lassen Hall|
Transcripts must be requested in person, by mail (student's signature required), or online (for an additional fee). Orders are not accepted by telephone nor by fax. Sacramento State only offers unofficial transcripts in person and current students can use their My Sac State account to print copies of their own unofficial transcripts. Ordering a copy of your Sacramento State transcript.
You can view grades anytime on-line using My Sac State. If you have a grade changed, My Sac State will update its report immediately after the grade correction is posted.
The CCE (College of Continuing Education) office will mail a grade report for each Extension session. Regardless of the class ending date, CCE courses are posted to official transcipts at the end of the term.
Sacramento State does not mail semester grade reports. Instead, you can view grades on-line using My Sac State. If you have a grade changed, My Sac State will update its report immediately after the grade correction is posted.
- View and print grades on-line using MySacState.
- Or, come to the Student Service Counter, first floor, Lassen Hall.
- Office hours during semesters are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F during fall and spring semesters).
- Summer office hours are 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Bring photo I.D.
- Or, order a copy of your transcript. There is a $8.00 charge for a transcript, and it takes a week or two to reach you in the mail. Sacramento State does not issue "unofficial" transcripts, but currently-registered students may view and print their Sacramento State records on My Sac State.
You received a U or WU grade because you did not attend or complete a class and failed to officially drop. Grading Policy. If this is the first U or WU you have earned at Sacramento State, you may file a First U or WU Deletion Petition. Refer to the Deletion of Grade Policy. If this is not your first U or WU grade and there are no other special circumstances (i.e. medical or university error), it is recommended that you repeat the course.
Check with your instructor. If there's an error, the instructor must change a grade before the last day of the next semester using a form she/he obtains from her/his department.
Verify correction by logging into My Sac State or contacting the Records Office at 278-7111.
Your student record is protected by FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) and other privacy laws. Certain kinds of information are released to individuals and/or agencies if they have your written authorization (e.g., student loan guarantors and employers you have applied to), and Sacramento State academic advisors, department chairs and other authorized campus officials.
- In person at the Student Service Counter, first floor, Lassen Hall. Bring photo I.D.
- By mail or fax. Students, please fill out the Student Verification Request.
- Enrollment can be verified for student loan deferment beginning the first day of the semester.
- Outside Agencies: Obtain enrollment or degree verification from the National Student Clearinghouse, (703) 742-4200.
You may file a Major or Minor Change Form at any time during the semester and your major/minor will be changed within 3 business days. If you submit the form in the middle of the semester, the major/minor change will be effective the following semester. The Major Change Form is submitted to the Student Service Counter, first floor, Lassen Hall.
Please note: Child Development, Criminal Justice, Graphic Design, Health Science, Nursing, Psychology, College of Engineering and Computer Science majors and College of Business majors must file a separate form and obtain approval through these specific programs.
Top of Page