Instructions on How to Register for Sacramento State’s Early Start Courses
- Log into the Student Center in your My Sac State account
- Click on the Enroll in Early Start link located in the Academics section of the Student Center
- Click on the Search box in the middle, left side of the page
- Across from 'Course Subject', use the pull down arrow to pick Early Start Program – Math or English. (You can only select one class at a time, so if you need to take both Math and English, you will need to come back to this again for the other class)
- Once you select Math or English – scroll down and click the Search box. This will bring up the class sessions offered
- Click on the Select Class box for the class session in which you want to enroll
- Review the information for the class you selected – if OK, click the Next box
- If you need to enroll in both Math and English, click on the Search box and start again at step B of the online instructions
- Once you’ve selected the class(es) you need, click on the PROCEED TO STEP 2 OF 3 box
- Once you’ve confirmed the classes you selected, click on the FINISH ENROLLING box
All Sacramento State Early Start Classes are offered through the College of Continuing Education (CCE). For questions regarding enrollment and fee payment, contact the CCE Office at (916) 278-4840. For questions regarding your financial aid and eligibility for a fee waiver, you will need to contact the Financial Aid Office of the campus you plan to attend in the fall.
If you are required to complete Early Start courses, you must sign up for them prior to beginning your regular semester classes. If you do not complete your Early Start required course(s) or receive an approved participation waiver, you could be placed on administrative probation and/or be prevented from registering for classes.
FINAL DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR EARLY START CLASSES AND PAY FEES IS (TBD)
Visit www.csus.edu/earlystart for more information regarding the Early Start Program.
A waiver to Early Start Participation for matriculating students may be considered in cases of demonstrated need and documented circumstances. Students who have a serious and compelling reason for not participating in, or completing, an approved Early Start program may apply for a waiver from the requirement to begin their remediation in the summer. However, students who do not receive a waiver and/or are not in compliance with Early Start Participation may be subject to administrative probation. Petition for Waiver Form
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Admissions & Outreach at (916) 278-7766.