- Wilhelm Memorial Scholarship
- Hohlwein Poetry Award of Merit
- Warmdahl Memorial Scholarship
- Olmstead & von Saltza Memorial Scholarship
- Literary Insights Writing Competition
- Ewing Memorial Scholarship
- Hortense Simmons Study Abroad Scholarship
- Robert G. Mino Memorial Writing Competition
- Ray Brankline and Paulette Gray English Scholarship
- Bazzanella Literary Awards
Welcome to the English Department
The English department of California State University, Sacramento, is a community of teachers, scholars, writers, and support staff whose primary mission is to promote learning in composition, creative writing, English education, linguistics, literature, and the teaching of English as a second language. The department seeks to help students acquire knowledge, develop skills, and realize their own intellectual and creative goals.
At the undergraduate and graduate levels, the English Department presents a broad and balanced curriculum designed to develop the reading and writing skills, the interpretative abilities, and the cultural awareness of its students by maintaining and enhancing a tradition of strong teaching, solid scholarship, and vigorous support of creative literary activity.
Graduates of the department are well equipped to enter advanced degree programs and to pursue careers in teaching, law, publishing, the arts, and other areas in which the ability to read and write the English language effectively is paramount.
Calaveras Hall 103
English Department MS 6075
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819
Click here and enter your information to subscribe to the English department student listserv.
English Department | California State University, Sacramento | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819-6075 | (916) 278-6586
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact the webmaster.