- Wilhelm Memorial Scholarship
- Hohlwein Poetry Award of Merit
- Warmdahl Memorial Scholarship
- Olmstead & von Saltza Memorial Scholarship
- Literary Insights Writing Competition
- Ewing Memorial Scholarship
- Hortense Simmons Study Abroad Scholarship
- Robert G. Mino Memorial Writing Competition
- Bazzanella Literary Awards
- Student Employment Opportunities
- Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Student Employment
- How to Apply
- Application Deadline
- For More Information
- Faculty Employment Opportunities
The English department Student Personnel Committee invites applications for the following Spring 2017 student positions:
|ENGL 1X Tutorial Instructor||ISA||$12.00/hour, 3+ hours/week|
|ENGL 109X Tutorial Instructor||ISA||$12.00/hour, 3+ hours/week|
|Graduate Facilitator for Large Lecture Classes (ENGL 16, 40B, or 50B)||ISA||$12.00/hour, up to 108 hours/semester|
|Teaching Associate||TA||$627.00/month for 6 months per class section|
|University Reading & Writing Center Graduate Associate Coordinator||GA||$513.50/month for 5 months for 10 hours/week|
|University Reading & Writing Center Tutor||ISA||$12.00/hour, 1-10 hours per week|
The Writing Programs Office invites applications for the following Fall 2016-Spring 2017 student position:
|GWAR Student Assistant||SA||$12.00/hour, approximately 30 hours/semester|
The university sets minimum eligibility requirements for all student employees. Only students who meet all of these requirements--as well as any additonal requirements set by the department (listed in the individual job descriptions on the student employment ad and GWAR Student Assistant flyer)--will be hired.
To ensure enrollment requirements are met, applicants are advised to enroll during the early registration period.
|Undergraduate Students||Graduate Students|
-Enrolled in a Sac State degree program (not including Open University).
|Enrollment||-Enrolled in 6-15 units.||-Enrolled in 4-12 units. OR
-Enrolled in a culminating experience course (ENGL 500, 500C, or 598T). OR
-Paid fees for continuous enrollment (ENGL 599).
|GPA||-Minimum 2.5 GPA
--2.25 for newly admitted students
|-Minimum 3.0 GPA
--2.75 for newly admitted students (TA/GA positions)
--2.5 for newly admitted students (ISA positions)
|Incomplete Grades||-Must satisfy any incomplete 'I' grades two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester for which they are hired.|
|International Students||-International students must meet certain visa requirements to be eligible to work on campus.|
For all student positions except the GWAR Student Assistant position:
- Complete an English Department Student Employment Application and required attachments (described in Section III of the application form). Applicants need only submit one department application regardless of the number of positions for which they are applying.
- Complete an appropriate University application for each desired position:
- for each ISA position, complete a University Instructional Student Assistant Application
- for each GA and/or TA position, complete a University Graduate Assistant/Teaching Associate Application
- Submit all completed forms and attachments to Calaveras 103 by the application deadline listed below.
Please note: If you are currently working for the English department and would like to return to your current position, you will still need to reapply as outlined above. However, you will not be required to resubmit a statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, or transcripts. Please see the English Department Student Employment Application form for complete instructions.
To apply for the GWAR Student Assistant position: Submit a cover letter and resume to Angela Arnold either by email (email@example.com) or in person (CLV 101).
Application forms and attachments are due by 12PM on Friday, November 4, 2016.
The GWAR Student Assistant position is open until filled.
Download our student employment ad for complete job descriptions, job duties, hours, and compensation information. If you have further questions, please visit Calaveras 102 or call 916-278-5747.
Please visit the Office of Human Resources website for information on faculty vacancies: http://www.csus.edu/hr/facultyvacancies/vacancies.html.
English Department | California State University, Sacramento | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819-6075 | (916) 278-6586
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact the webmaster.