THE KATHRYN HOHLWEIN
POETRY AWARD OF MERIT
The purpose of this award is to honor Professor Kathryn
Hohlwein's distinguished 30 year teaching career at CSUS and to encourage
students in their poetry writing.
This award is not being offered for Spring semester 2013.
$400 toward tuition
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 for undergraduates,
2.5 for unclassified graduate students, and 3.0 for classified graduate
- must be English majors or minors or be enrolled in an English graduate program
- must be enrolled as full-time students (12+ units for undergraduates
or 8+ units for graduates) for the current academic year (previous Fall semester and current Spring semester)
How to Apply
Applicants must submit all of the following materials to Calaveras 103 by the department deadline:
- English department Scholarship Applicant Information Form
- Two copies of three poems representative
of the poet's body of work must be submitted. Each copy may not exceed
- Poems submitted may not have been previous winners of any other
English department literary contest.
- Entries must be typed in a standard font on
8 1/2" x 11" white paper. There shall be no form restrictions.
- In order to maintain anonymity, do not write your name on poem pages.
- Each entry must have a cover page with the name, address, phone
number, and social security number of the poet and the name or first
line of the poem(s).
No discrimination shall be made on the basis of sex or ethnicity.