Freshmen EOP Application Process
Please Note: EOP receives close to 4,000 applications, we only accept 250 freshmen applicants. Failure to adhere to a deadline will result in your EOP application being withdrawn from consideration.
1. Sacramento State Admissions: Priority filing period October 1st - November 30th
- You must apply for admission to Sacramento State before applying to EOP!
- Complete the EOP section in the admissions application (Section 11) and submit your online Sacramento State Admissions Application at www.csumentor.edu
- Once you submit your Admissions application and it is determined that you are eligible, you will automatically receive access to the online EOP Application.
Note: A separate application is required for EOP
2. EOP Application: Priority filing period October 1st – November 30th
- Complete and submit your online EOP Application at www.csumentor.edu.
- Submit recommendation Letters – by January 16th
3. SAT Registration deadline for the last SAT test in order to the meet Sacramento State deadline: November 8th
Sacramento State SAT Code: 4671
December 7, 2013 test date
4. ACT Registration deadline for the last ACT test in order to the meet Sacramento State deadline: November 2nd
- Register at www.actstudent.org/regist/
Sacramento State SAT Code: 0382
December 14, 2013 test date
5. $55 Application Filing Fee deadline: December 19th, 2013
6. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (Financial Aid) Priority Filing Period: January 1st to March 2nd To apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA) go to www.fafsa.ed.gov AB 540 & Dream Act Students apply at www.csac.ca.gov
- To apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA) go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
- To register for a PIN# go to www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN can be used each year to electronically apply for federal student aid and to access your Federal Student Aid records online.
7. SAT/ACT test scores deadline: January 16th
- Submit SAT and/or ACT test scores to Sacramento State Admissions Office, DO NOT submit to EOP office.
8. Create your SacLink account
- You will receive a Sac State ID on you Application Acknowledgment letter. You will use this ID to set up your SacLink account. To register for a SacLink accounts go to: www.csus.edu/saclink/settingUp.stm
SacLink is your point of entry to Sacramento State information resources and the gateway to the Internet. When you create a SacLink account, you are establishing a Global ID that is used to identify each student. SacLink was established to provide e-mail and Internet services to all students.
9. EOP Priority ELM/EPT: EOP Freshmen Applicants are required to take the ELM/EPT
CSU requires you to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry-Level Mathematics Test (ELM) before you enroll, unless you’re exempt. EOP Summer Bridge participants are placed in academic courses based upon their English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) exam. Therefore, it is very important that students take these tests as early as possible in their senior year of high school.
- Students can register at: www.ets.org/csu/
Scores determine your Summer Bridge Academy course placement. Prepare for this test!
EOP requires ELM/EPT to be taken on one of these dates (March 15 or March 29 or earlier). Due to our placement requirements in EOP Summer Bridge failure to do so will result in denial of EOP Services EOP Preferred test dates:
- Review Math skills at: www.csumathsuccess.org/students
- Review English skills at: www.csuenglishsuccess.org/students_esw
** Important Note: Failure to adhere to any of the posted deadlines will result in your EOP Application being withdrawn from consideration.
** Dates are subject to change.