Freshmen Admitted EOP Students
1. Freshmen Expectations: 2017 Summer Bridge Academy
- Once admitted to Sacramento State as an EOP student, ALL entering EOP freshmen will be required to participate in the EOP Summer Bridge Academy. Summer Bridge is a pre-enrollment college readiness program designed to strengthen math, reading, and leadership skills. SBA is FREE and there is no cost to students.
Note: The Summer Bridge Academy will fulfill the CSU Early Start requirement and you may earn 4 to 9 college units.
2. Create your SacLink account
- Set up your SacLink account www.saclink.csus.edu if you have not already done so. This will allow you to access important information and communication via your My Sac State. This personal portal is how you will stay current with all campus information, access your personalized "To Do List", get payment and account information, search and register for classes. Access My Sac State at www.my.csus.edu
3. ELM/EPT Placement Exams: Freshmen Applicants ONLY!
CSU requires you to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry-Level Mathematics Test (ELM) before you enroll, unless you’re exempt. EOP Summer Bridge Academy participants are placed in academic courses based on their EPT and ELM exam scores. Therefore, it is very important that students take these tests as early as possible in their senior year of high school.
- Students can register at: www.ets.org/csu/
Scores determine your EOP Summer Bridge Academy course placement.
Prepare for this test!
- Review Math skills at: www.csumathsuccess.org/students
- Review English skills at: www.csuenglishsuccess.org/students_esw
4. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Dream Act Application priority filing period: October 1st through March 2nd
To apply for Financial Aid:FAFSA go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
- To register for a PIN# number go to www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN number can be used each year to electronically apply for federal student aid and to access your Federal Student Aid records online.
- California Dream Act (AB 540 Students) apply at www.csac.ca.gov
- See Sacramento State Financial Webpage for more Information.
5. Confirm your attendance to Sacramento State by submitting Intent to Enroll (ITE) by: May 1st
- All admitted undergraduate students must respond by May 1st in order to accept and confirm attendance.
Note: This is a critical deadline! Failure to complete the ITE by the deadline date will result in your application being withdrawn from consideration from Sacramento State and EOP.
For more Information go to: https://webapps2.csus.edu/ite/
6. Submit your Online EOP Verification Form: March 1st - May 1st
The EOP Verification Form link will be sent to EOP Admitted students between March 1st – April 1st.
- Please allow 15-25 minutes to complete the Online EOP Verification Form.
- Please note that you MUST complete the entire enrollment process in one sitting. You will NOT be able to save your responses to come back and finish later.
- If you will be driving yourself to campus during the Summer Bridge Academy, please have the following information ready before you begin: your Driver’s License number and your Vehicle Plate Number.
- Also, please be sure you have printing capabilities as you are required to print documents.
- If you have completed Advanced Placement exam(s) and/or Higher Level International Baccalaureate (IB) course(s), please have your scores before you begin.
7. Submit all the required Summer Bridge Academy documents: March 1st - May 1st.
- Print all the required Summer Bridge Academy documents that will be sent you via email with your EOP Admitted Notification Letter between March 1st – April 1st.
8. Attend EOP New Student Orientation on Monday, June 26 and Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- When you are accepted to Sacramento State, register for the New Student Orientation. For more Information see the Orientation webpage - www.csus.edu/acad/orientation
Note: Orientation is a MANDATORY program for all incoming students and it will take place on specific dates during the summer.
9. Sacramento State Housing: Application Available in March
- Summer Bridge Academy does NOT provide Housing. It is the students’ responsibility to secure and make housing arrangements on their own.
- See the Housing webpage for more information regarding On-campus housing information
- Students who are looking for off campus housing are encouraged to visit the Sacramento State off-campus referral network. Check out the Upper Eastside Lofts (Sacramento State Off-Campus housing) at http://www.uelsacramento.com
10. Scholarship Information
11. Submit Financial Aid Documents no later than June 1st in order to receive Financial Aid.
- June 1st is the deadline date to submit for Sacramento State Financial Aid, do NOT miss this deadline
- Check your “My Sac State” account under your “To Do List” to see what documents you may be missing.
- Submit missing documents to Sacramento State Financial Aid Office.
- For more information see the EOP Financial Aid and Scholarship Resources webpage.
12. Official Transcripts Deadline: June 30th
- Submit FINAL OFFICIAL transcripts – no later than June 30th to Sacramento State Admissions & Outreach Office, do NOT submit to EOP office.
Admissions & Outreach
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6048
Drop off Documents in person:
Admissions Counter in Lassen Hall, room 1102, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
** Important Note: Failure to adhere to any of the posted deadlines will result in your EOP Application being withdrawn from consideration.
** Dates are subject to change.