Freshmen EOP Application Process
Please Note: EOP receives close to 4,000 applications, we only accept 250 freshmen applicants. Failure to adhere to a deadline will result in your EOP application being withdrawn from consideration.
1. Sacramento State Admissions filing period: October 1st - November 30th
- You must apply for admission to Sacramento State before applying to EOP!
- Select "yes" on Section 11 of the CSU Admissions Application and submit online at www.csumentor.edu
- Once you submit your admissions application and it is determined that you are eligible for EOP, you will automatically receive access to the online EOP Application.
2. EOP Application filing period: October 1st – November 30th
- Complete and submit your online EOP Application at www.csumentor.edu.
- Submit Letters of Recommendation – by January 19, 2017
3. SAT Registration deadline is November 3, 2016 for the December 3 SAT, last opportunity to take the SAT test in order to the meet Sacramento State deadline.
Sacramento State SAT Code: 4671
Test Date: December 3, 2016
4. ACT Registration deadline is November 4, 2016 for the December 10, 2016 ACT, last opportunity to take the ACT test in order to the meet Sacramento State deadline
- Register at www.actstudent.org/regist/
Sacramento State SAT Code: 0382
Test Date: December 10, 2016
5. Deadline to pay the $55 Application Fee or submit fee waiver deadline is December 12, 2016
6. Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Dream Act Application priority filing period: September 12, 2016 - October 2nd.
To apply for Financial Aid: FAFSA, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
- To register for a PIN# number go to www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN can be used each year to electronically apply for federal student aid and to access your Federal Student Aid records online.
- California Dream Act (AB 540 Students) apply at www.csac.ca.gov
7. SAT/ACT test scores deadline: January 19, 2017
- Submit SAT and/or ACT test scores to Sacramento State Admissions and Outreach Office, Do NOT submit test scores to the EOP office.
8. Create your SacLink account
9. EOP Priority ELM/EPT: EOP Freshmen Applicants are required to take the ELM/EPT
CSU requires you to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry-Level Mathematics Test (ELM) before you enroll, unless you’re exempt. It is very important that students take these tests as early as possible in their senior year of high school.
- Students can register at: www.ets.org/csu/
Scores determine your Summer Bridge Academy course placement. Prepare for this test!
EOP requires the tests to be taken on one of the dates listed below (or sooner) ELM/EPT to be taken early on. Due to our placement requirements for the EOP Summer Bridge Academy, failure to take tests will result in denial of EOP Admissions.
EOP priority test dates:
Exam Date Registration Deadline February 11, 2017 January 27, 2017 March 18, 2017 March 3, 2017 April 1, 2017 March 17, 2017
Please review for these tests, they will be used for class placement and can result in additional coursework.
- Review Math skills at: www.csumathsuccess.org/students
- Review English skills at: www.csuenglishsuccess.org/students_esw
** Important Note: Failure to adhere to any of the posted deadlines will result in your EOP Application being withdrawn from consideration.
** Dates are subject to change.