About Summer Bridge Academy
Orientation Dates: June 27 and 28, 2017
Classes begin on: June 29 - August 4, 2017
SUMMER BRIDGE ACADEMY MISSION STATEMENT
The Educational Opportunity Program's Summer Bridge Academy is designed to provide assistance to EOP freshman. The program works collaboratively with students to engage in an ongoing transition process from high school to college. The process focuses on academics, social network, and personal development to create a foundation for persistence towards a timely graduation.
SUMMER BRIDGE ACADEMY PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The Summer Bridge Academy is a free intensive summer academic program designed to help incoming first-time EOP freshmen make a smooth transition from high school to college. All incoming EOP first-time freshman are required to participate in the Summer Bridge Academy. Summer Bridge participants are placed in academic courses based on their English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) exam. Therefore, it is very important that students take these tests as early as possible in their senior year of high school. Summer Bridge students take two or three college courses and upon successful completion can earn 4 to 5 units of college credit.
SUMMER BRIDGE ACADEMY 2017
- All incoming EOP first time freshman are required to participate in EOP's Summer Bridge Academy.
What we offer:
- Receive up to 5 college credits – dependent on number of courses you complete
- SB fulfills the EARLY START requirement- you will meet all EARLY START requirements with completion of Summer Bridge coursework
- Experience college courses
- Be a step ahead of your freshmen class
- Become familiar with the campus, its resources and services
- Participate in on-campus activities and off-campus field trips
- Connect with Sacramento State faculty and staff
- Make friends from the rich and diverse Sacramento State student population – 250 to 300 students will be enrolled in Summer Bridge