CURRENT FACS NEWS & INFORMATION
- Fashion Merchandising and Design concentration student Anna Korniychuk (’17) was selected as the FACS Department’s nominee for the 2017 Undergraduate Dean’s Award. Ms. Korniychuk will be honored for her achievements by the Dean of the College of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies at a reception in May.
- Congratulations to Ny’Eria Jackson (’18) and Tamika Hobbs (’17), winners of the Apparel Marketing and Design scholarship! Ms. Jackson and Ms. Hobbs each received $1,000 towards their spring tuition costs.
- Alumna Carol Garcia (’80) will be honored as a recipient of the 2017 Distinguished Service Alumni Award. Ms. Garcia is the Senior Vice President for Marketing and Business Development, Community 1 Bank.
- Bachelor's Degree Graduation Requirements Checklist
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences is committed to the following goals:
- To prepare students to become successful and informed professionals in their chosen field and to thrive in a diverse national and global society
- To provide a high quality, current, and progressive academic program utilizing appropriate technologies
- To integrate issues and topics of diversity, globalization, public policy, scholarship and community service learning in our academic programs
- To include practical experience in prospective employment settings to enhance learning and qualifications for entry-level positions
- To participate in the CSUS General Education program as a way to serve a broad range of students by offering a variety of courses in the FACS disciplines
- To support faculty and student development and scholarly activities