Name: Debra Brady
Title: Associate Professor; Simulation Learning Center Coordinator
Office Phone: (916) 278-7334
Sacramento State 6000 J Street Sacramento, CA 95819-6043
Office Hours: By appointment
School of Nursing Simulation Learning Center : Folsom Hall
- D.N.P., Case Western Reserve University, Francis Payne Bolton School of Nursing, 2008
- M.S.N., California State University, Sacramento, 1995
- B.S.N., California State University, Sacramento, 1990
- B.A., Fresno Pacific University, 1985
- State of California Clinical Nurse Specialist Certificate
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
- Sacramento Community IV Therapy Certification
- State of California Public Health Nurse Certification
- Simulation Learning in Nursing Education
- Sepsis and Infection Control
- Acute Pulmonary Injuries
Courses that I teach
- NURS 112 - Nursing Care of Adults
- NURS 113 - Nursing Communication, Assessment, & Skills
- NURS 123 - Nursing Families in Complex Illness
- NURS 145 - Clinical Lead and Professional Role Development
Publications, Creative Works, and Presentations
Stockert, B. & Brady, D. (2012). Programmable patient simulators as an education technique in physical therapy. Journal of Acute Care Physical Therapy, 2(3). 111-116.
Brady, D. (2011). Using Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) as a pedagogical structure for course redesign and content. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, 8(1). Art 5.
Kelly, K. & Brady, D. (2009) Emergencies in Thyroid Function. Journal of Emergency Nursing. 49 (3). 34-42.
Golden State Donor Services (Producer), Brady, D. (Content Specialist/Writer), & Doolittle, K. (Writer). (2010). Organ and Tissue Donation: First Responders Keep Hope Alive [DVD-V]. Sacramento: Academic Technology and Creative Services, California State University, Sacramento.
Golden State Donor Services (Producer), Brady, D. (Content Specialist/Writer), & Doolittle, K. (Writer). (2010). Organ and Tissue Donation: Interdisciplinary Education for Healthcare Providers [DVD-V]. Sacramento: Academic Technology and Creative Services, California State University, Sacramento.
Ofstad, W., Brady, D., Schumann, H. Munteanu J., Allen, P., Keel, B., Brunner, L..(2013). Integrating Team-Based Learning and High-Fidelity Simulation for Interprofessional Education. Poster presented at National Pharmacy Conference, Washington, DC, June 14, 2013.
Kelly, K.& Brady, D. (2013). Integration of Informatics Across Curriculum. Poster presentation at QSEN National Forum. Atlanta, Georgia, May 30-31, 2013.
Brady, D. & Kelly, K. (2013) Vietnam Nurse Project Nursing Grand Rounds: Prevention of Urinary Tract Infections. Paper presented via live video stream to Thanh Nhan Hospital, Ha Noi Vietnam. Collaborative International Education Project at University San Francisco, May 6, 2013.
Sutherland, S.E., & Brady, D. (2011). Use of human patient Simulators to teach assessment and care of burns. Paper presented at Canadian Association of Burn Nurses' Biennial Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. September 19, 2011.
Brady, D. (2010). Using Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) as a pedagogical structure for curricular design and simulation based course content. Paper presented at the Magic in Teaching California Institute for Nursing and Healthcare Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, Oct 19, 2010.
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- California Simulation Alliance