Name: Dr. Ta-Chen Wang, Department of Economics
Title: Associate Professor
Office Location: Tahoe 3019
Office Phone: (916) 278-7112
Sacramento State 6000 J Street Sacramento, CA 95819-6043
Office Hours: Wed 3:00-4:30 Thu 1:30-3:00 Or by appointment
- Spring 2017
- "Entry, Competition, and Terms of Credit in Early American Banking" Research in Economic History 32, 367-390
- Publishing Pays: Economists’ Salaries Reflect Productivity" with Suzanne O'Keefe, Social Science Journal 50:1 (Mar 2013) 45-54.
- "Financial Market and Industry Structure:A Comparison of Banking and Textile Industry between Boston and Philadelphia in Early Nineteenth Century" in Economic Evolution and Revolution in Historical Time, edited by Paul Rhode, Joshua Rosenbloom, and David Wieman, Stanford University Press, Stanford, CA, 2011
- "Paying Back to Borrow More: Reputation and Bank Credit Acces in Early America"Explorations in Economic History 45:4 (October 2008) 477-488.
- "Banks, Credit Markets, and Early American Development- A Case Study of Entry and Competition" Journal of Economic History 68:2 (June 2008) 438-461.
- My main research interest is on banking in early 19th century United States. Recently, I became interested in the labor market, especially productivity and compensation for academics.
- American Economic Association
- Economic History Association
- Cliometrics Society
- Ph.D. in Economics, Stanford University
- M.A. in Economics, National Taiwan University
- B.B.A in Finance, National Taiwan University