Form will be available: September 29, 2014
Fall 2014 deadline: November 17, 2014
Spring 2015 deadline: April 13, 2015
A student budget, also known as Cost of Attendance (COA), is required by federal regulations in order to determine financial need and financial aid award amounts (among other factors). The student budget is designed to provide students with a projection of reasonable costs to attend school for a nine month period. If it is determined that a student has or will exceed the COA during the academic year, adjustments to the budget may be made on a case-by-case basis with appropriate documentation. Eligibility requirements and processes are subject to change due to policy and/or regulation changes.
Note: If you have already accepted academic year awards up to the annual limits or were offered loans and declined them, you do not qualify for a budget increase.
- Safety-related car repair expenses*
- Active health insurance premiums and/or out-of-pocket medical expenses not covered by insurance*
- Costs for before/after school care (Child care expense), needed for your children under the age of 12 so you can attend classes. A Supplemental Sheet for Child Care Expenses is required for each child.
- Purchase of a computer
- Commute in excess of 100 miles roundtrip per day
- Education related expenses required for program of study
*We may not be able to include the full expense you submit due to regulatory restrictions.
- All requests must be accompanied by legible copies.
- All documentation MUST be dated within the current academic year.
- All documents must identify the student as purchaser by name and the business by name, address, phone number, etc.
Budget Increase process:
- Download the Budget Increase forms.
- Submit all documents at the Student Services Counter.
- Allow at least 3 weeks for processing.
- If approved, we will revise your awards accordingly and send you a revised award notification.
- If denied, you will be notified via email on file with the University.
This budget increase is a consideration of expenses for the possibility of increasing your Cost of Attendance. Make sure your documentation has all the required elements to be considered. Budget increases will only be processed with complete / correct documentation. If you have any questions you may contact the Financial Aid Office.