- Federal Work Study
- Fee Deferment
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- College of Continuing Education
- Once I accept my aid, how long before I receive my financial aid?
- Are checks mailed or do we have to pick them up?
- Do I need to have 12 units in order to receive financial aid?
- What is considered full-time or half-time enrollment for an undergraduate or graduate student?
This depends on a variety of factors, but you should review your My Sac State Student Center frequently:
- Clear financial aid holds that require action. Holds are listed in the "Holds" section. Financial aid holds do not prevent registration. Click "Details" in the holds box for specific information.
- Submit all "initiated" To Do list items. Click "more" in the To Do list box. Submit all requested documents promptly.
- Note: Disbursements begin one week before the start of the semester.
Get your money faster and sign up for eRefund. eRefund is the process in which refunds are deposited directly into your bank account. All refunds, including financial aid, fee overpayments and housing refunds are available through eRefund. Go to My Sac State to get started.
Students who have not signed up for eRefund will receive a check mailed to the student's permanent address. All Parent PLUS loan checks are mailed directly to the address provided on the Master Promissory Note. In some instances you may be required to pick up your check at the Student Financial Services Center.
The Financial Aid Office offers aid based on full-time enrollment. You do not have to be enrolled in full-time units for a disbursement of aid. Prior to each disbursement, the system will verify the number of units you are currently enrolled in and then disburse aid accordingly.
The chart below summarizes the enrollment status (for aid purposes), based on unit load for undergraduates and graduates.
|Full-time||12 units||7 or more units|
|3/4 time||9-11 units||N/A|
|1/2 time||6-8 units||4-6 units|
Did not find what you are looking for? Visit our Disbursement Policy page for more information.