TO ACCESS THE SUMMER 2014 APPLICATION
- Go to your My Sac State Student Center
- In the Important Links box; click on Fin Aid - Summer Application
- Complete and submit your application online AND
- Provide the Financial Aid Office a hardcopy of your summer aid application
Sacramento State requires you to file both a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a financial aid summer application. You must be enrolled in at least half-time to qualify for most aid programs.
- You must file the current year FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov to receive aid for the summer. Last day to file for the 2013-14 FAFSA is June 30, 2014.
- The summer financial aid application will be available between April 14, 2014 through June 20, 2014.
- Revisions to the summer aid application will be acccepted through August 1, 2014.
- Be sure to update your current address and/or phone number on your My Sac State account if it will change for the summer.
Additional Summer Aid Eligibility Requirements
Students who were appeal approved and on a SAP probation status for the Spring 2014 term, must pass the Spring term grade check to qualify for summer aid. Refer to the SAP Probation Status standards here.
Summer Financial Aid Disbursements
Disbursements will occur during the first week of the last course start date in which you are enrolled. For example, if you are registered for a course that begins June 3rd and a course that begins July 15th, you will not receive your aid until the week of July 15th. Financial aid checks will be mailed to your current address on your My Sac State account or sign up for eRefund to receive your financial aid funds via direct deposit to your bank account. Go to your My Sac State Student Center to enroll for eRefund. NOTE: Summer 2014 courses are offered through the College of Continuing Education (CCE).
Frequently Asked Questions for Summer
Is there financial aid for summer?
Financial aid is available for summer (on a limited basis). In addition to the FAFSA, you must also submit a Summer Aid application to be considered for summer aid.
Do I qualify for financial aid for summer?
Aid programs are limited in the summer. Funding is based on aid received during the 2013-2014 academic year (fall and/or spring). Students must be enrolled at least half-time to qualify for most summer aid programs.
How long does it take to receive it?
Summer aid disburses on a weekly basis once summer has started. Disbursement of aid will occur during the first week of the last course start date in which you are enrolled.
How are my summer fees paid?
There are no fee deferments or installment payment plans for summer. Summer fees must be paid for with the student's own funds.
What if I change my classes after I submit the summer application?
You must submit a NEW Summer Application with your updated summer courses. Each new application submitted may take up to three weeks to process.
When is the summer financial aid application available?
Summer applications are only available April 14 through June 20, 2014.
Updated: 04-03-13 // Rev. 03/25/2014