February is Financial Aid Awareness Month
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Dream Act Application are available to file online for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Sacramento State Federal School Code: 001150
Priority Filing Date is March 2
- Dream Act
- Middle Class Scholarship (MCS)
- Additional information on MCS - click here
What will you need?
- Your (student) PIN to sign FAFSA; For dependent students - Your parent will need to sign with their own PIN
- Your 2013 tax information (and your parent's info, if dependent; and spouse's info, if married):
- 2013 Income Tax Return (1040s), W2s, and other income information
- 2013 Asset information (cash, checking, savings, investments, stocks)
- 2013 Untaxed income, if you are not required to file taxes (e.g. Social Security benefits)
- Social Security card and driver's license/State ID
- Permanent Resident Alien card, if applicable
How do I apply for Cal Grant?
Continuing undergraduate students who have not been awarded a Cal Grant and who are California residents are encouraged to apply by filing the 2014-2015 FAFSA by February 21. Sacramento State will automatically send the required Cal Grant GPA Verification to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) prior to the March 2 deadline.
Undergraduate students who do not have at least 24 college units completed at Sacramento State must have the required Cal Grant GPA Verification form completed by their high school or your previously attended college by the March 2 deadline.
Be sure to answer all of the asset questions on the FAFSA to avoid any delays in determining eligibility for Cal Grant.
Your Money Matters!
Financial literacy knowledge is very important in order to help you manage funds and lower your student loan and credit card indebtedness. The Student Financial Services Center (SFSC) office located in Lassen Hall 1003 offers free group and one-on-one money management sessions. For more information contact SFSC or by phone at 916-278-6736.