We process three types of scholarships:
- Institutional - The application is available online from mid-January to mid-March and are awarded for the preceding academic year
- Departmental - Check with your major department major every semester for scholarship applications and deadlines
- Community – There are several ways to look for community schoalrships
- Review the list of community scholarships the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office website
- Check with Associated Students Incorporated (ASI) Office in the Student Union
- Search online, check with local businesses, schools, and/or other organizations
Scholarships are typically disbursed at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters unless otherwise specified by the donor. No disbursements will be made until we have received the funds from the donor.
Once funds have been received, scholarship awards will apply to tuition fees and other obligations you owe to the University. However, if your scholarship award(s) do not cover your tuition fees, you are responsible for the balance of tuition fees owed.
Student Service Center
Attn: Scholarships Office
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6044
Be sure the donor includes our building name and office location for accurate and timely delivery.
Bring your check to the Student Service Center in the Lassen Hall Lobby.
Yes. Bring your scholarship award letter or scholarship check to the Student Service Center. A scholarship fee deferment will be issued on your account.