Other SAP Items
SAP review begins after Spring grades post: mid-June. You will be notified of the results (i.e., eligible for aid or disqualified). To view the results of your SAP standing, go to your My Sac State Student Center and select the "Satisfactory Academic Progress" link under the Finances section. Students who are eligible to file a SAP Appeal, must submit the appeal and all required documentation by the semester deadline. Monitor your Student Center regularly for updates and notifications.SAP Process
- A checklist for an appeal will be made available on your Student Center To Do List
- Submit your SAP appeal online (appeals will not be made available after the semester deadline)
- Submit all SAP appeal documentation initiated on your To Do List to the Student Service Center by the semester deadline
Approved SAP appeals
If your appeal is approved, you will receive an approved notification on your To Do List for the semester that it is approved for. You will be placed on a probation status and must make progress each semester while on probation to maintain aid eligibility.
Denied SAP appeals
If your appeal is denied, you will receive an email notification and a financial aid hold. You may consider the following options to help fund the current semester and/or the remainder of your program.
- Pay your tuition fees in full or sign-up for the Installment Payment Plan and make the required payments on time to keep your classes
- Drop to part-time (6 or fewer units) to pay the reduced tuition fees
- Withdraw before the University deadline to receive a refund of fees paid
- Enroll at a Community College (you should discuss this option with an Academic Advisor)
- Apply for scholarships
- Apply for a (credit based) alternative loan
Appeal decisions are 3 - 5 business weeks once all SAP documents have been received. While your appeal is being reviewed, you should be prepared to pay your tuition fees in full or sign-up for the Installment Payment Plan and make the required payments to avoid being dropped from your classes.
- Your SAP appeal must be approved
- You are enrolled for the semester of approval
- All of your financial aid documents have been received
- Your financial aid file is complete
- You meet the aid program eligibility requirements
Award Letter Notifications are sent to students who have been awarded aid.
SAP Appeal & Document Deadlines
SAP Priority deadline: July 11, 2016
- File by the priority deadline to receive a response on your appeal by August 15, 2016
Fall 2016 deadline: September 26, 2016
- If you are attending Fall 2016 only, you must submit your appeal online and your SAP documentation by this deadline
Spring 2017 deadline: February 17, 2017
- If you are attending Spring 2017 only, you must submit your appeal online and your SAP documentation by this deadline
- If you attended Fall 2016 and did not submit a Fall appeal or your Fall appeal was incomplete, you must submit a Spring appeal for consideration of spring aid
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you attended the Fall semester and file a Spring appeal, Fall grades must meet the SAP Progress Probation Check for your Spring appeal to be considered. You MUST make satisfactory academic progress in Fall before you regain eligibility for Spring.
- All SAP documentation must be submitted (i.e., appeal, documentation and academic plan (if applicable)) before a decision can be made
- Incomplete appeals (i.e., missing appeal documents and/or academic plan) will not be reviewed after the semester deadline. You will be notified if you must file an appeal for the subsequent semester or academic year
- Appeal documents submittted after the semester deadline will not be reviewed
- Every appeal must have documentation that corresponds with the specific semester(s) stated in your appeal, including full names of individuals mentioned