What is the FCP Mentor Program?
The FCP Mentor program seeks to recruit talented and engaged Sac State students to serve as peer mentors for students in the Full Circle Project (www.csus.edu/fcp). FCP mentors provide guidance and support to their mentees in the areas of academic, campus, and community engagement while also connecting their mentees to important and helpful resources at Sac State. The goal of the program is to increase student retention and academic success among FCP students during their second year of college.
Program Objectives for SYFCPS:
- ·Increase retention among second-year FCP students (SYFCPS)
- ·Increase LI 4-certificate completion rates
- ·Provide a peer mentorship opportunity
- ·Reinforce campus engagement objective of FCP
- ·Provide information and opportunities to connect with campus resources
Benefits for becoming an FCP Mentor:
- ·Earn volunteer hours and service recognition
- ·Exclusive invitations to academic, professional, and personal development events/workshops
- ·Engage in leadership and mentorship development
- ·Free Food at special events and free stuff!
- ·Opportunity to mentor, motivate, and inspire a fellow Sac State student
- ·Opportunity to earn academic credit
FCP Mentor Eligibility Requirements:
- ·Currently enrolled Sac State student
- ·Must have at least 60 units of college credit completed
- ·2.5 GPA or higher (3.0+ preferred)
- ·Involved in at least 1 student-led club, organization, or department.
- ·Ability to attend at least 1-2 events each month with Mentee
- ·Positive attitude and willingness to help fellow students