Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive/Forgivable Loan Program
"The California State University Commitment to Excellence with Diversity"
The CSU Forgivable Loan Program provides financial assistance to graduate students and is designed to increase the pool of individuals with the qualifications, motivation, and skills to teach the diverse student body in the California State University . It is a competitive program directed by the California State University but open to doctoral students at accredited universities across the country.
The CSU Forgivable Loan Program offers loans and faculty sponsorship to full-time students pursuing doctoral degrees who are interested in a teaching career at a CSU campus. Specifically, the program provides:
- Loans of up to $10,000 per year up to a total of $30,000.
- Loan forgiveness: 20 percent of the loan is forgiven for each year of full-time postdoctoral teaching at a CSU campus.
- Faculty sponsorship from a CSU faculty member. Click here for sample Faculty Advisor Collaborative Plan of Support.
- The applicant is evaluated on potential to complete an approved doctoral program and compete successfully for a CSU tenure-track instructional faculty position. Considerations include the applicant's academic record, professional qualifications, and motivation to educate a diverse student body in the CSU system.
- The plan of support will be evaluated on the basis of how it will enhance the student's academic experience and prepare the student for a CSU academic career.
- Academic Discipline – Special consideration will be given to candidates whose proposed area of study falls where CSU campuses anticipate the greatest difficulty in filling instructional faculty positions.
All applications for the Forgivable Loan/Doctoral Incentive Program campus must be completed online, printed and delivered to the campus coordinator listed below (no handwritten applications will be reviewed):
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 7, 2013
Aplication Review Period: Week of February 12- 18, 2013
CDIP Committee Meeting: February 20 2013
CDIP Decisions Due to Chancellor's Office: March 4, 2013
For more information on the Chancellor’s Doctoral Incentive Program, please visit the Chancellor’s Office website at http://www.calstate.edu/hr/cdip/program/
Carlotta Moore – Graduate Diversity Program Coordinator
Address of Program:
California State University, Sacramento