IMPORTANT: Concurrent and Visiting Enrollment for students coming to Sacramento State is closed until further notice.
Graduate/Post-Baccalaureate Students from CSUS wishing to attend other CSU campuses as a Concurrent or Visiting Student should:
- Contact the Department from whom the course you wish to take is offered. This is to ensure that there will be space in the course for enrollment.
- Complete and submit to the office of Graduate Studies Concurrent and Visiting Enrollment Form (PDF).
The California State University
Policies and Procedures for Intrasystem Concurrent or Visitor Enrollment
- The student has completed at least one term at the home campus as a matriculated student or will be enrolled concurrently in such status.
- The student has been admitted to or is enrolled in an authorized graduate program at the home campus.
- The student was in good standing at the last college attended.
- Approval of concurrent enrollment is valid only for the term specified and is subject to space availability and registration priority policies at host campus.
- Academic advisement is available only at the home campus.
- Concurrent enrollment is possible only in overlapping terms.
- Evidence of completion of course prerequisites may be required at the host campus (i.e., personal transcripts or grade reports).
- Financial aid is available only through the home campus and students eligible for veterans, rehabilitation, social security and other federal, state or county benefits must secure eligibility certification through the home campus.
- Health services on host campus will be limited to treatment for emergencies.
- Participation in student activities at the host campus is subject to any limitations, which may exist at that campus. Similarly, student union facilities will be available according to policies at each campus.
- Parking on the host campus will be available on the basis of a term fee within campus parking availability or on a daily fee basis.
- Information concerning host campus identification card policies will be available at the time of registration.
- Student completes application and submits to the Office of Admission & Records at home campus in advance of the first day of classes at both campuses. Contact host campus for deadlines, if any.
- Home campus registrar designee completes Part II and forwards copies to host campus registrar designee if approved, or returns to student, if disapproved.
- Host campus registrar completes Part III-A and mails a copy to student with registration instructions.
- Concurrently enrolled student pays CSU registration fees on home campus based upon the total number of units for which she/he is or plans to be registered including units on the home as well as host campus(es), e.g. three units at home and three units at host equals part time fees, and six units at home and 3 units at host equals full time fees. Payment is certified on all copies of the application. Home campus non-resident tuition fees, as appropriate, are paid at the same time and entry made with the fee certification.
- Student registers at host campus presenting approved copies of the application. Host campus non-resident tuition fees and any user fees are paid and entry is made on the application for concurrent and/or visitor status.
- Host campus completes Part III-B on all copies.
- Program changes will be accomplished by following standard procedures on both campuses. Official notification will be provided by the host campus to the home campus. If a student withdraws from the home campus and requests refund for the refundable portion of the State University fee, the host campus must be notified.
- Permanent academic records will be maintained at the campus where courses are completed. A record of credit earned at a host campus will be available to the student and to the home campus.