The Master of Arts program in Government is designed to orient the student toward critical investigation of problems in government and politics, and to improve the student's ability for independent study. This program is of special value to teachers of government in the public schools, to persons who contemplate public service or politics as a career, and to persons planning additional graduate study leading to the doctorate. The Government Department Graduate Coordinator acts as advisor to graduate students and should be consulted early in each student's program of graduate study.
Admission as a classified graduate student in Government requires:
- an online application for admission;
- two sets of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, other than Sacramento State; and
- Graduate Record Examination scores, aptitude portion only.
- the three letters of recommendation;
- the applicant's written statement of purposes and goals; and
- the example of the applicant's best written work.