Applying to the Guardian Scholars Program
There is no deadline for applying to Guardian Scholars. Many students choose to apply as first-time freshmen, but we accept students at any point in their college career. This includes transfer students and graduate students. Students may apply to Sacramento State and the Guardian Scholars Program simultaneously, but must be accepted to the University before they are eligible to receive services.
A complete application to Guardian Scholars includes:
- Guardian Scholars Application Form
- Guardian Scholars Consent Form
- Acceptance of the terms as outlined in the Guardian Scholars Student Agreement. Please sign and submit.
- Copy of Ward of the Court/Dependant Documentation
- 2 letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, social worker, coach, or other
- A 1-2 page typed response to the following essay questions:
- How did your childhood experience influence your desire to pursue higher education?
- What is your motivation for success?
- What are your academic and career goals?
- A recent photo of yourself (optional)
Submit Your Application
You may hand-deliver or mail your completed application to:
Guardian Scholars Program
California State University, Sacramento
Lassen Hall 1013
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6046