Our mission briefly is two-fold: To provide an outstanding educational experience with connected liberal arts and professional components for every student majoring in Health & Human Services and to produce graduates who are well prepared for current and future leadership roles in their discipline and community.
The Mission of the College of Health & Human Services is to provide high quality education and well-prepared graduates who demonstrate proficiency, critical thought, leadership ability, creativity, and commitment, in current and future professional practice. Located in the Capital Region, the College prepares students for roles in society as productive citizens, fully committed to enriching the lives of others, promoting mutual respect for diverse populations, and lifelong learning.
To fulfill its mission, the College of Health & Human Services has established the following goals:
- To promote the University's Mission "to preserve, communicate and advance knowledge; cultivate wisdom..."
- To encourage and support research and scholarship.
- To promote interdisciplinary collaboration and cooperation.
- To influence social and health care policies.
- To promote and support academic and community leadership.
- To encourage free thinkers engaged in creative problem solving.
- To expose students to theoretical knowledge and laboratory, clinical and/or field experiences, and community services.