Center for African Peace and Conflict Resolution
Ernest E. Uwazie, CAPCR, Director & Professor
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6085
CAPCR provides conflict resolution, conciliation, peace-building services & research for African (Diaspora) groups, governments, organizations and families.
The Center for African Peace and Conflict Resolution (CAPCR) is located in the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) at California State University, Sacramento. Sacramento State is one of 23 campuses of the California State University system - the largest system of senior higher education in the world. CAPCR draws upon the resources of a highly trained interdisciplinary team of faculty and conflict resolution experts committed to the Center's mission. The Center also draws on the unique assets of Sacramento State, California's Capital University.
Here are a few ways we reach out to the community:
Training and Education
CAPCR faculty offer training in mediation, negotiation and arbitration, and peace-building, peace-making and conciliation strategies.
CAPCR faculty conducts conflict resolution program evaluations, and prepares and presents conferences/seminars and requests for proposals.
CAPCR faculty provides group facilitation advice, focus groups, mediation and arbitration, negotiation advice, and election observation/supervision.
- CAPCR 2013 Peace Awards Dinner Presentation Program April 27, 2013
- CAPCR 2013 Africa Diaspora Conference Program
- 2013 Conflict Resolution Training Workshop June 24-28, 2013
- Nigeria Peace and Conflict Studies Conference (May 28-30, 2013) Call for Paper
- Latest CAPCR Newsletter (2012)
- CAPCR 2012 Conference report
- CAPCR Peace Awards Press Release
- Preliminary Program Peace Conference 2012
- Selected papers from the CAPCR 2007-2009 conferences published in a book Now Available for Sale
- Link to photos from the 2011 Peace conference
- Link to Videos from Peace Conference 2012
- Link to photos from Peace Awards Dinner 2012
- Conference Announcement- 2014 ADR Conference in South Africa
- Invitation to the CAPCR Awards Dinner April 27, 2013