Dr. Debra Brady
Title: Associate Professor
Joined School of Nursing: 2002
Office: Folsom Hall 2018
Office Phone: 916-278-7334
Sacramento State - School of Nursing
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6096
- D.N.P., Case Western Reserve University, Francis Payne Bolton School of Nursing, 2008
- M.S.N., California State University, Sacramento, 1995
- B.S.N., California State University, Sacramento, 1990
- B.A., Fresno Pacific University, 1985
Certifications and Credentials
- State of California Clinical Nurse Specialist Certificate
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
- Sacramento Community IV Therapy Certification
- State of California Public Health Nurse Certification
- NURS 12 - Nursing Care of Adults
- NURS 18 - Professional and Therapeutic Interpersonal Communication in Nursing
- NURS 123 - Nursing Families in Complex Illness
- Simulation Learning in Nursing Education
- Capital Area Simulation Coalition, Board Member
- Continuing Education Consortium, Board Member
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses, Member
Publications, Grants, and Awards
- Brady, D. (2011). Using Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) as a pedagogical structure for course redesign and content. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, 8(1). Art 5.
- Golden State Donor Services (Producer), Brady, D. (Content Specialist/Writer), & Doolittle, K. (Writer). (2010). Organ and Tissue Donation: First Responders Keep Hope Alive [DVD-V]. Sacramento: Academic Technology and Creative Services, California State University, Sacramento.
- Golden State Donor Services (Producer), Brady,D. (Content Specialist/Writer), & Doolittle, K. (Writer). (2010). Organ and Tissue Donation: Maintaining the Option of Donation [DVD-V]. Sacramento: Academic Technology and Creative Services, California State University, Sacramento.
- Kelly, K., & Brady, D. (2009). Emergencies in thyroid function. Journal of Emergency Nursing. 49(3). 34-42.
Projects, Honors and Recognitions
- Brady, D., Kelly, K., & Altmann, T. (2009). Technology Integration Program for Nursing Education and Practice Grant. Duke University School of Nursing, NC, sponsored HRSA.
- Outstanding Teaching Award, College of Health and Human Services, California State University, Sacramento, 2009