Dr. Cheryl Osborne
Joined School of Nursing: 1984
Office: Benicia Hall 1020
Office Phone: 916-278-7281
Sacramento State - School of Nursing
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6132
- Ed.D., University of San Francisco, 1990
- M.S.N., California State University, Chico, 1983
- B.S.N., Holy Names College, 1982
- RN Diploma, Samuel Merritt Hospital School of Nursing, 1974
- NURS 117 – Concepts & Practices of Gerontological Nursing
- GERO 21, 200, 221, 222, 195A & B, 295, 199, 299
- Successful Aging
- Experiential student learning strategies
- Sigma Phi Omega, Gerotology Honor Society, President
- American Society on Aging (ASA), Member
- Association of Gerotology in Higher Education (AGHE), Member
- National Gerotological Nursing Association (NGNA), Member
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Member
Publications, Grants, and Awards
- Contributor: The dual challenge: Preserving services for the oldest old today; planning for the elderly baby boomers of tomorrow. (2009). Area 4 Agency on Aging, Contributor to final publication of this 7- County Report.
- Osborne, C. (2008). The second half of life: opening the eight gates of wisdom. Book Review published in Activities, Adaptation & Aging 31(2), 2008.
- Contributor to: Lagerquist, S.L. (2006). NCLEX-RN success. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis Co.