Dr. Tanya Altmann
Title: Department Chair & Professor
Joined School of Nursing: 2002
Office: Folsom Hall 2011
Office Phone: 916-278-1504
Sacramento State - School of Nursing
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6096
- Ph.D., Duquesne University, Pittsburg, PA, 2008
- M.S.N. (E.D.), Clarkson College, Omaha, NE, 2001
- B.N., Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NFLD, Canada, 1987
- NURS 111 - Introduction into Professional Nursing
- NURS 113 - Professional Nursing Communication, Assessment, and Skills
- NURS 179 - Professional Communication and Reasoning Development
- Continuing Nursing Education
- Nurses’ Attitudes towards Education
- Nursing Student Stress & Fatigue
- Sigma Theta Tau, Zeta Eta Chapter
- National League for Nursing and California League for Nursing
- American Nurses Association / California
- Western Institute of Nursing Member & Abstract Reviewer
- Article reviewer for the International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, Contemporary Nurse, and MOREEBN (an Evidence-Based Nursing resource).
Publications, Grants, and Awards
- 2014 Outstanding Faculty Award for University Service, College of Health and Human Services
- 2011 American Association of Colleges of Nursing Leadership for Academic Nursing Fellowship
- 2009 Duke University Technology Integration Program for Nursing Education and Practice.
- 2007 National League for Nursing Foundation Dissertation Scholarship for Nursing Education Scholars
- Altmann, T. K. (2012). Nurses' Attitudes towards Continuing Formal Education: A Comparison by Level of Education and Geography. Nursing Education Perspectives. Vol. 33, Issue 2 (pp. 14-18).
- Altmann, T. K. (2011). Registered Nurses Returning to School for a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing: Issues Emerging from a Meta-Analysis of the Research. Contemporary Nurse. Vol. 39, Issue 2 (pp. 256-272).
- Vogler, J., Altmann, T. K., & Zoucha, R. (2010). Native Hawaiian Attitudes of Culturally Sensitive Healthcare Provider Traits and Behaviors. Journal of Cultural Diversity: An Interdisciplinary Journal. Vol. 17, Issue 3 (pp. 90-98).
- Altmann, T.K. (2010). Nurses’ Attitudes Toward Continuing Formal Education. Communicating Nursing Research. No. 43 (pp. 218).
- Altmann, T. K. (2010). Instructors Manual for K.K. Chitty and B. P. Black. Professional Nursing: Concepts and Challenges. 6th ed., St. Louis: Saunders.
- Altmann, T.K. (2009). Nurses’ Attitudes Towards Continuing Formal Education: A Comparison by Level of Education and Geography. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Altmann, T. K. & Sutherland, S. (2009). Test Bank for Burns, N., and Grove, S. K. The Practice of Nursing Research: Appraisal, Synthesis, and Generation of Evidence, 6th ed., St. Louis: Saunders. Available at http://evolve.elsevier.com/Burns/Practice/
- Altmann, T. K. (2008). Attitude: A Concept Analysis. Nursing Forum. Vol. 43, Issue 3 (pp. 144-150).
- Altmann, T. K. (2007). An Evaluation of the Seminal Work of Patricia Benner: Theory or Philosophy? Contemporary Nurse. Vol. 25, Issue 1-2 (pp. 114-123).
- Altmann, T. K. & Collins, S. E. (2007). Oregon’s Death with Dignity Act (ORS 127.800-897): A Health Policy Analysis. Journal of Nursing Law Vol. 11, Issue 1 (pp. 43-52).
- Burns, N., Sutherland, S., & Altmann, T. K. (2006). Nursing Research Online for Understanding Nursing Research (User’s Guide, Access Code, and Textbook Package), 4th Ed. – Building and Evidence-Based Practice. Philadelphia: Saunders.
- Altmann, T. K. (2006). Preceptor Selection, Orientation, and Evaluation in Baccalaureate Nursing Education. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship. Vol. 3, No. 1, Article 1 Available at: http://www.bepress.com/ijnes/vol3/iss1/art1
- Altmann, T. K., & Brady, D. (2005). PDAs Bring Information Competence to the Point-of-Care. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship. Vol. 2, No. 1, Article 10. Available at: http://www.bepress.com/ijnes/vol2/iss1/art10