Spring 2016 News & Updates
Admission decisions for applicants ranked 1-120 were emailed on Monday, November 23; applicants ranked 121 or higher were emailed on Friday, October 30. Please remember to check all email folders (inbox, junk, and bulk). If you have not received your admission decision, please email Teri Tallman at firstname.lastname@example.org with ADM in caps in the subject line; and if available, an alternate email address. Thank you!
Dear BSN Applicants,
RE: Spring 2016 Admission - IMPORTANT Deadlines
Thank you for your patience! We know you are anxiously waiting for your admission decision, and we are working extended hours to bring you news as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we hope the following information will be helpful—please read to the very end! For additional updates on the admission process, please check back on the Traditional BSN homepage, http://www.csus.edu/HHS/nrs/programs/undergraduate/traditional/. Due to human resource limitations, please do not call or email the School of Nursing. Thank you!
- We received over 290 applications for 80 seats. Based on unverified student-reported data, the applicant ranked number 80 has 79 points—the applicant ranked 120 has 73 points. We anticipate the final cut-score will be lower when we have completed the evaluation and Intent to Enroll process, but we regret it may be higher than previous spring terms, http://www.csus.edu/HHS/nrs/programs/undergraduate/traditional/Docs/app_pool_stat_8-31-15.pdf.
- Admission decisions will be emailed as follows:
- Candidates ranked 1-120 will be notified in late November just before registration opens on November 30.
- Candidates ranked 121 or higher, based on student-reported data, will be notified tomorrow, Friday, October 30 after 5 p.m.
If you could hold any questions until after you receive your admission decision, that would be helpful! I regret, due to the additional workload associated with the admissions process, we are not able to answer email and phone requests at this time. Of course, if you have an URGENT request, we are happy to help!
- If you have not received your admission decision by your registration date, please register for the courses you would take if you were not selected for admission to the nursing program. Do not miss your opportunity to register for courses! If you are selected for admission, placement in your nursing courses is guaranteed! It is your responsibility to enroll in any remaining corequisite courses. The staff will enroll you in your nursing courses in early January (the exact date will be provided on the orientation website). Completing any remaining corequisite courses over summer will lighten your load next fall! Summer registration will be opening soon at Sac State and our local Los Rios Community Colleges.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Please read carefully—twice would be good!
- Newly Admitted Transfer Students – Please see IMPORTANT deadlines below.
IMPORTANT Deadlines for “Newly Admitted” Spring 2016 Transfer Students
--- University, Intent to Enroll Deadline – November 1 - Be sure you return your University, Intent to Enroll (ITE) by the November 1 deadline, www.csus.edu/admissions/ite. This is a critical deadline! Failure to return your ITE by November 1 will result in your application being withdrawn from consideration from the University and the School of Nursing (no fee required, this is not a promise to enroll). When you receive your admission decision, if you are an Alternate, please submit a “yes” Intent pending news from the School of Nursing (no fee required, this is not a promise to enroll). The last Alternate selected Spring 2015 was number 10. Second Bachelors – Since you have not applied to the University yet, this does not apply to you!
--- University, Mandatory Orientation Registration Deadline – December 1
- Admitted - If you are selected for admission to the BSN program, you will attend Orientation on Friday, January 8. You may register for Orientation by emailing Cindy Brandon at email@example.com. Please include your name and Sac State ID.
- Pending Admissions – If you plan to enroll in courses at Sac State, even if you are not selected for admission to the nursing program, you need to register for mandatory University Orientation between October 30 and the December 1 deadline, http://www.csus.edu/orientation/Transfer%20Orientation/index.html. If you plan to attend Sac State, only if you are selected for admission to the nursing program, you may wait and register for mandatory University Orientation after you receive your nursing admission decision. The Orientation Office will accommodate students selected for admission to the nursing program after the registration deadline. Special instructions will be provided with your nursing admission decision.
- Second Bachelors - Students pursuing a second bachelor’s degree are not required to attend Orientation.
Best wishes for your success!
Student Services Professional II
California State University, Sacramento
School of Nursing
Physical Address: 7667 Folsom Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95826
Mailing Address: 6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819-6096